My Motto: Think'em, Draw'em, & Send'em!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cartoon Of The Month

Well, it has been a while since my last post. I won't bore you with the reasons behind it, I will simply say' "It's good to be back!"

More important is the fact that I now have two additional followers. And, the best thing is that my very first follower, (other than myself) is none other than one of the masters in the gag cartoon industry; Mr. Roy Delgado! Welcome Roy, and thank you for becoming the very first follower of the Cartoons by Gary Zeller Blog. It is an honor and a privilege to have you as a follower. Roy has had his cartoons published in just about every magazine you can think of. Ah..., well, there is one..., but he's still working on that. And, from what I can see, I'm sure he'll get there too.
When I'm browsing through the magazine racks at the local bookstore, (looking for recently published cartoons), I can identify his cartoon style immediately without having to check the signature on the gag. Roy it truly a master at gag cartooning. He has inspired me many times with words like, "It takes persistence, a lot of hard work and you must go after it with the zeal of a crusader, never thinking or giving the thought to the possibility of failure, or defeat." Or words such as, "Socrates said, You learn to play the flute by playing the flute. Draw, Draw, Draw. And in time, you'll do it." Or his truest words to me, "Remember this: If you want ( really want ) to become a successful cartoonist, you WILL become a successful cartoonist."
Thank you again Roy for being my blogs first follower and especially for the inspiring words! You can see Roy's work on his newest cartoon blog, "Plum Loco Comic". http://www.plumlococomic.blogspot.com/ Check it out. He's got some great gags there!

I also want to thank my second follower, Ricardo Agusto or Guta Dias Cartoons. You can find his cartoons at www.gutodiascartoons.com/. Check him out. He's a very talented cartoonist living in Southern Brazil. Welcome Guto and thanks again for following my blog!

You may have noticed the "Cartoon of the Month" just above. This was published by Woman's World last year just about this time. I thought it was an appropriate toon for this time of year with back-to-school just around the corner and me back-to-my-cartooning-blog. I hope you enjoy it. If you can, please take a moment and leave a comment to let me know what you think.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment